Painting the Portrait from Life
Instructor: Martinho Correia
20 – 24 June 2022 | 30 hours
This 30-hour workshop is a concentrated program of study covering the creation of a portrait from life. Students begin with a drawing of the model in oil paint, directly on the canvas, indicating the basic light and dark patterning of the image.
From here colour is introduced, focusing on the big form and planes of the face. In the next painting stage, work is done to complete the smaller forms and textures. The painting is brought to a finish with glazing and
toning. Class will include a series of demonstrations followed by individual and group critiques. Also incorporated is a discussion of the various methods, techniques and materials of painting in order to give the student a complete overview of the portrait painting process. page: https://youtu.be/fejYznb9lEM?t=1
In Martinho’s workshop I’ve learned some very important lessons that I still apply today. It covers everything from the basic techniques to more advanced techniques based on the academic method taught in Florence. He doesn’t just focus on paint application, there is a little bit of theory, demonstration and tips on how to become a better painter, so you will know what to study and practice next. He makes sure to spend time equally between all students as well as making it fun. Worth every penny!
EARLY RESERVATIONS ARE RECOMMENDED, AS STUDENT NUMBERS ARE PURPOSELY LIMITED TO ALLOW FOR A HIGH DEGREE OF INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION.
- WORKSHOP FEE: €1000.00EUROS
- (THE COST OF SOME OF THE MATERIALS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS PRICE – OTHER MATERIALS, HOWEVER, ARE TO BE PROVIDED BY THE STUDENT. A MATERIALS LIST WILL BE PROVIDED ON REGISTRATION).
- THE FEE INCLUDES 5-DAYS TUITION. THE COURSE INVOLVES 30 HOURS OF FULL INSTRUCTION, TOGETHER WITH LECTURES.
- CLASS TIMES: MONDAY TO FRIDAY 09.30 – 12.30 AND 13.30 – 16.30
- NOT INCLUDED ARE: ACCOMMODATION, AIRFARES, TRANSPORT AND ALL OTHER EXPENSES
- RESERVATION & REGISTRATION: IN ORDER TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE IN OUR SUMMER WORKSHOP PROGRAMME 2022, WE WILL ASK YOU TO REMIT A NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE DEPOSIT IN THE AMOUNT OF EUROS 1000.00 FOR EACH WORKSHOP 1, 3,&4 AND EUROS 500.00 FOR WORKSHOP 2.
- PLEASE CONTACT US FOR THE DETAILS FOR MAKING YOUR DEPOSIT / PAYMENTS (NON-TRANSFERABLE/NON-REFUNDABLE). WE CANNOT CONFIRM YOUR REGISTRATION UNTIL YOUR DEPOSIT HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A TRANSFER FEE OF €20.00 EUROS ADDED FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS.
- FOR REGISTRATIONS FOR ALL WORKSHOPS AFTER 1ST MAY 2022 THE NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE FULL FEE IS REQUESTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
- FINAL PAYMENT: THE NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE BALANCE FOR ALL WORKSHOPS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1ST MAY 2022. PLEASE CONTACT US BY EMAIL FOR PAYMENT DETAILS AT:INFO@ANGELACADEMYOFART.COM
- MINIMUM ENROLMENT REQUIREMENT FOR WORKSHOPS 1-4 IS 5 PARTICIPANTS.
- PARTICIPANTS IN ALL WORKSHOPS WILL BE NOTIFIED IF THIS NUMBER IS NOT REACHED BY 1ST MAY 2022. AT THAT TIME, THEY WILL BE GIVEN THE CHOICE OF EITHER ENROLING IN ANOTHER WORKSHOP, AVAILABILITY PERMITTING, OR HAVING THEIR DEPOSIT REFUNDED.
- PARTICIPANTS IN WORKSHOPS 1-4 MAY CONTINUE TO APPLY UP TO 1ST JUNE 2022 AND AFTER THAT TIME SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: NO REFUNDS ON ANY WORKSHOPS WILL BE GIVEN FOR WHATEVER REASON.ANY DEPOSITS/FEES PAID ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE/NON-REFUNDABLE. IN CASE OF POSTPONEMENT/ CANCELLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE WORKSHOPS, A VOUCHER WILL BE ISSUED FOR FUTURE USE.
- THE ANGEL ACADEMY OF ART RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE INSTRUCTORS OF ANY WORKSHOP AT THE LAST MINUTE OR DURING THE SESSION.
- IN THE EVENT OF THE CANCELLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE WORKSHOPS FOR REASONS BEYOND OUR CONTROL, WE STRONGLY ADVISE PARTICIPANTS TO ACQUIRE TRAVEL INSURANCE THAT COVERS THE LOSS OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID FOR AIRFARE AND ACCOMMODATION.
- SHOULD YOU REQUIRE INFORMATION ON ACCOMMODATION IN FLORENCE WE HAVE A LIST AVAILABLE OF SMALL HOTELS WHICH ARE IN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE SCHOOL. ALTERNATIVELY SHOULD YOU PREFER TO RENT OR SHARE AN APARTMENT WE HAVE AN AGENT FOR THE SCHOOL WHO WILL BE PLEASED TO ASSIST YOU. THIS INFORMATION WILL BE SENT OUT ONCE YOU HAVE ENROLED IN ANY OR ALL OF THE WORKSHOPS.