Four-Week Intensive Course
Why choose this course?
The four-week Intensive Course can take place during each trimester with set starting dates.
Students from any level are appropriately challenged, to make significant strides towards mastering the skills needed for exceptional portrait paintings.
Every aspect of this course is under the guidance of Maestro Michael John Angel and the course is taught by our instructors.
Curious students, aspiring artists, as well as top-professionals will follow a rigorous course with specific practice. With us you will learn:
- How to apply techniques for Realism that equals the best Realist paintings and drawings today.
- Learn about the subtle structure of the planes of the head.
- How to balance the relationships of colour to achieve realistic and believable flesh tones.
- The proper use of and methods for underpainting and overpainting.
- How to bring life and emotion to drawings and paintings.
- The correct use of photographic source materials, without copying them.
The methodology followed is the result of over 45 years of research and experimentation by its founder, Michael John Angel – known to his students as Maestro, and recognized as one of the most inspiring and successful teachers in traditional art.
How can I know more?
All courses are taught in English.
Students enrolled in the four-week intensive course share the studio with those enrolled in the 3-year diploma programme, which typically includes an international student body of over 30 nationalities.
Enrolments for the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 academic years are now open. Deadlines for each trimester are as follows:
|Application Deadlines||To start the Four-Week Intensive Course in the 2022-2023 & 2023-2024 Academic Year|
|March 1, 2022 / 2023||Fall Trimester courses starting 2022 October 3 & October 31 and 2023 October 9 & November 6|
|June 1, 2022 / 2023||Winter Trimester courses starting 2023 January 16 & February 13 and 2024 January 22 and February 19|
|October 1, 2022 / 2023||Spring Trimester courses starting 2023 April 24 & May 22 and 2024 April 29 & May 27|