Four-Week Intensive Course
Landscape or Portrait Paintings
Why choose this course?
The four-week Intensive Course can take place during each trimester with set starting dates.
Students from any level are appropriately challenged, to make significant strides towards mastering the skills needed for exceptional landscape or portrait paintings.
All students enrolled in this course learn under the guidance of Maestro Michael John Angel and our instructors.
Curious students, aspiring artists, as well as top-professionals will follow a rigorous course with specific practice. With us you will learn:
- How to apply techniques for Realism that equals the best Realist paintings and drawings today.
- How to create a composition.
- How to employ the principles of colour composition and value schemes.
- The proper use of and methods for underpainting and overpainting.
- How to bring life and emotion to drawings and paintings.
- The correct use of photographic source materials, without copying them.
The methodology followed is the result of over 45 years of research and experimentation by its founder, Michael John Angel – known to his students as Maestro, and recognized as one of the most inspiring and successful teachers in traditional art.
How can I know more?
All courses are taught in English.
Students enrolled in the four-week intensive course share the studio with those enrolled in the 3-year diploma programme, which typically includes an international student body of over 30 nationalities.
Enrolments for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 academic years are now open. Deadlines for each trimester are as follows:
|Application Deadlines||To start the Four-Week Intensive Course in the 2020-2021 Academic Year|
|March 1, 2020||Fall Trimester 2020 courses starting October 5 and November 2|
|June 1, 2020||Winter Trimester 2021 courses starting January 18 and February 15|
|October 1, 2020||Spring Trimester 2021 courses starting April 19 and May 17|