Painting from the Live Model
Instructor: Jered Woznicki
08 July – 02 August 2024 | 60 hours
In this intensive two-week workshop, senior painting and drawing instructor Jered Woznicki will illustrate a cohesive step-by-step procedure designed to enhance the student’s ability to render the human form.
The first week will be devoted to shorter exercises, chiefly in monochrome, that will serve to strengthen the student’s understanding of the gesture, proportion and construction of the figure. The second week will encompass a single sustained pose in which the subtlety of modeling and the delicacy of flesh tones will be addressed.
This workshop includes brief demonstrations given by Mr. Woznicki on topics such as drawing with the brush, the creation of volumes, the use of a set palette, and the mixing of flesh tones for full-colour painting.
Excellent organization and clearly a great deal of information presented logically. Jered was very comprehensive in presentation of each stage and I learned a great deal more than I could have put into practice. He was completely supportive of each student to a fault. I have learned to check my ego at the door and would like specifics about where I go wrong, or lessons by making mistakes. Clearly this is not practical in such a short time and I understand why these criticisms are limited. Wonderful workshop.ROB WHITE
I learnt some really helpful painting techniques especially applied to painting the figure. I will be able to use these techniques in general. I did enjoy the painting demonstrations.CAROL NEVILLE
EARLY RESERVATIONS ARE RECOMMENDED, AS STUDENT NUMBERS ARE PURPOSELY LIMITED TO ALLOW FOR A HIGH DEGREE OF INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION.
- WORKSHOP FEE: €2200.00EUROS
- (THE COST OF SOME OF THE MATERIALS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS PRICE – OTHER MATERIALS, HOWEVER, ARE TO BE PROVIDED BY THE STUDENT. A MATERIALS LIST WILL BE PROVIDED ON REGISTRATION).
- THE FEE INCLUDES 10-DAYS TUITION.THE COURSE INVOLVES 60 HOURS OF FULL INSTRUCTION, TOGETHER WITH LECTURES.
- CLASS TIMES: MONDAY TO FRIDAY 09.30 – 12.30 AND 13.30 – 16.30
- NOT INCLUDED ARE: ACCOMMODATION, AIRFARES, TRANSPORT AND ALL OTHER EXPENSES
- RESERVATION & REGISTRATION: IN ORDER TO RESERVE YOUR PLACE IN OUR SUMMER WORKSHOP PROGRAMME 2024, WE WILL ASK YOU TO REMIT A NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE DEPOSIT IN THE AMOUNT OF EUROS 500.00 FOR WORKSHOP 1 AND EUROS 1000.00 FOR EACH WORKSHOP 2 – 6.
- PLEASE CONTACT US FOR THE DETAILS FOR MAKING YOUR DEPOSIT / PAYMENTS (NON-TRANSFERABLE/NON-REFUNDABLE). WE CANNOT CONFIRM YOUR REGISTRATION UNTIL YOUR DEPOSIT HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A TRANSFER FEE OF €20.00 EUROS ADDED FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS.
- FOR REGISTRATIONS FOR WORKSHOP 1 AFTER 1ST FEBRUARY 2024 (AND WORKSHOPS 2 – 6 AFTER 1ST MAY 2024) THE NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE FULL FEE IS REQUESTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
- FOR WORKSHOPS 2 – 6 WE KINDLY REQUEST THAT YOU CONTACT US BY 5TH MAY TO CONFIRM RUNNING OF THE WORKSHOP IF YOU HAVEN’T ALREADY RECEIVED OUR CONFIRMATION.
- FINAL PAYMENT: THE NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE BALANCE FOR WORKSHOP 1 MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1ST FEBRUARY 2024 (AND WORKSHOPS 2 – 6 MUST BE RECEIVED BY 1ST MAY 2024). PLEASE CONTACT US BY EMAIL FOR PAYMENT DETAILS AT:INFO@ANGELACADEMYOFART.COM
- MINIMUM ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENT FOR ALL WORKSHOPS IS 9 PARTICIPANTS.
- PARTICIPANTS IN WORKSHOP 1 WILL BE NOTIFIED IF THIS NUMBER IS NOT REACHED BY 2ND FEBRUARY 2024 AND FOR WORKSHOPS 2 – 6 AFTER 2ND MAY 2024. AT THAT TIME, THEY WILL BE GIVEN THE CHOICE OF EITHER ENROLLING IN ANOTHER WORKSHOP, AVAILABILITY PERMITTING, OR HAVING THEIR DEPOSIT REFUNDED.
- PARTICIPANTS IN WORKSHOPS WORKSHOPS 2-6 MAY CONTINUE TO APPLY UP TO 1ST JUNE 2024 AND AFTER THAT TIME SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: NO REFUNDS ON ANY WORKSHOPS WILL BE GIVEN FOR WHATEVER REASON.ANY DEPOSITS/FEES PAID ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE/NON-REFUNDABLE. IN CASE OF POSTPONEMENT/ CANCELLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE WORKSHOPS, A VOUCHER WILL BE ISSUED FOR FUTURE USE.
- THE ANGEL ACADEMY OF ART RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE INSTRUCTORS OF ANY WORKSHOP AT THE LAST MINUTE OR DURING THE SESSION.
- IN THE EVENT OF THE CANCELLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE WORKSHOPS FOR REASONS BEYOND OUR CONTROL, WE STRONGLY ADVISE PARTICIPANTS TO ACQUIRE TRAVEL INSURANCE THAT COVERS THE LOSS OF ANY AMOUNTS PAID FOR AIRFARE AND ACCOMMODATION.
- SHOULD YOU REQUIRE INFORMATION ON ACCOMMODATION IN FLORENCE WE HAVE A LIST AVAILABLE OF SMALL HOTELS WHICH ARE IN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE SCHOOL. ALTERNATIVELY SHOULD YOU PREFER TO RENT OR SHARE AN APARTMENT WE HAVE AN AGENT FOR THE SCHOOL WHO WILL BE PLEASED TO ASSIST YOU. THIS INFORMATION WILL BE SENT OUT ONCE YOU HAVE ENROLLED IN ANY OR ALL OF THE WORKSHOPS.